January 13- LeaderFest, New Wilmington Presbyterian Church & Westminster College
January 15- OFFICE CLOSED
Register for LeaderFest 2018!
Click here to join the 175+ people already registered for our annual LeaderFest event coming up on Saturday, January 13th! There will be a special keynote presentation by Dr. Stephen Franklin of Meridian Presbyterian Church in Butler, as well as many workshops surrounding the theme of Discipleship. Note: Online registration will close at 3:00 PM tomorrow afternoon, however registrations will still be accepted at the door on Saturday morning.
EP Activity This Month
Our Executive Presbyter, Ralph Hawkins, preached at Hillside church in Greenville (Jan 7) and will preach at First New Castle (Jan 14). He will charge the congregation during the pastoral installation at Trinity church in Mercer (Jan 21). He will present two training workshops for Ruling Elders at LeaderFest (Jan 13) and will lead a pastor retreat for Lake Erie and Western New York presbyteries (Feb 5-7). Ralph welcomes opportunities to preach or bring greetings during a worship service, as well as opportunities to visit Session and Deacon meetings. Schedule a Sunday or a meeting time by contacting him at 724-528-1610 or email@example.com.
Stated Clerk Updates
– TE Catherine Craley will be installed as pastor of Trinity church in Mercer on January 21.
– TE Jordan Rimmer has started his ministry with the Northminster church in New Castle and will be installed by the presbytery in April. Jordan transfers to Shenango from Beaver-Butler Presbytery, our immediate neighbor to the south.
– TE John Lersch (HR) is preaching for the Moravia congregation during the winter and spring. John grew up in Shenango and has returned to our area in his retirement after years of pastoral ministry around the country.
– Carolyn Moss has begun service as Temporary Pastor of Slippery Rock church in Ellwood City, pending her examination and ordination by the presbytery in February. Carolyn has been a candidate under the care of our Committee on Preparation for Ministry and has been a Ruling Elder in the New Wilmington church.
– RE Donna Heard will be commissioned by the presbytery at its February meeting to serve as pastor of the Word Centered congregation in Sharon, having previously served there as an assistant pastor.
– Pastor Nominating Committees are actively searching for Teaching Elders for the Clen-Moore and First New Castle congregations.
(TE = Teaching Elder; RE = Ruling Elder; CRE = Commissioned Ruling Elder; MAL = Member at Large; HR = Honorably Retired; PNC = Pastor Nominating Committee)
It’s time for Annual Reports again!
The GA online statistical program is located at http://oga.pcusa.org/stats. Clerks will use the same “user name” and “password” as they have used the past few years. Please note the the password should contain an “!” and is case-sensitive. The deadline for entering your statistical information is February 13, 2018 at midnight. If you have forgotten your user name and password, please call or email the Presbytery office. (Note: If you changed your password from what was assigned by the denomination, we will not have that new password.) There is a “Frequently Asked Questions” page available to help with most common questions.
Presbytery annual reports are available on the “Resources” page of the Presbytery website. They are downloadable as WORD and EXCEL files and the completed forms can either be mailed to the office or emailed to Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for completing these forms is January 31, 2018. Several churches have not been able to complete their reports by the January deadline in the past, please note that in order for your deceased elders to be included in the special service at the February presbytery meeting, your Necrology form MUST be received at the office by February 9th!