The COMMITTEE ON EVANGELISM shall have the following composition, duties, and responsibilities:
- Be comprised of three classes of four persons with at least half lay persons who are active members of a church in the Presbytery and at least one member of each class a minister. The Presbyterian Women of Shenango Presbytery shall appoint a representative to serve on this committee, ex officio.
- Be responsible to lead and support the churches in the task of making new disciples.
- Provide opportunities for personal and congregational renewal and spiritual development.
- Encourage cooperative endeavors among the churches in evangelism, where appropriate.
- Study opportunities for new church development within the bounds of the Presbytery; and with Presbytery’s approval, initiate such enterprises when circumstances warrant.
The committee typically meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM.
The Evangelism Committee has held regular ENGAGE events with Ray Jones, the PC(USA) Evangelism Coordinator.
To learn more about ENGAGE and how you can share the Good News of Christ in your community, click here.
The Evangelism Committee has subscribed to resources from Net Results. Take advantage of this subscription by click on the link below:
- Username: NetRShenango914
- Password: gEm3De8ghe3