The Resource Center exists to enable the Presbytery, churches within the Presbytery, and members of our churches to better carry out their various ministries and mission in the church and community. We accomplish this by:
- Providing access to a variety of Christian Resources for local church programming
- Making available equipment for use to facilitate those programs
- Providing Christian Education consultation to enhance or develop programs (on a limited basis)
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
9 AM to 4 PM
- Borrowers: Any church or church member in the Presbytery of Shenango may borrow items. All borrowers must register by filling out the Borrower’s Information Card at the Resource Center. If you belong to a neighboring presbytery, you are welcome to use our Resource Center too!
- Length of Loans:
- Books…one month
- Videos & Equipment…return immediately after use
- Please call in advance for reservations…minimum of 3 weeks prior for equipment
- Overdue Resources: While it is our hope that resources are always returned in a timely manner, we understand that sometimes we all forget, or our schedules get the better of us. Please keep in mind that others may be needing the resource that you have, and if necessary a late notice will be sent to help you remember.
What is Available?
Click here to access our online resource listing. If you find something that you would like to borrow, either call us at 724-528-1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if the item is in stock and reserve it.
We have books, videos, and Bible study kits available in the following categories…
- The Bible
- Includes commentaries, DVDs, and other study materials for every book in the Bible.
- The Bible In-Depth
- Dig deeper with books on people, themes, and concepts in the Bible – also includes books on studying the Bible.
- Dr. Kenneth Bailey
- All of Dr. Bailey’s books and videos.
- The Holy Trinity
- Looking for a study on God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit? We have several to choose from.
- Early Church
- Books and videos on the early church, reformers, and important figures in the history of Christianity.
- Being Reformed
- What does it mean to be reformed? Find out in this section!
- Being Presbyterian
- Learn more about the Confessions, the history of the PC(USA), or what it means to be a Presbyterian.
- A variety of books on the worship service, special services, children in worship, and hymn books.
- From the first call to time management, this section includes books to help ministers in all areas of their pastorate.
- Care & Counseling
- Includes resources for working with the disabled, the elderly, and helping church members deal with depression, suicide, and loss.
- Books to inspire your sermon writing.
- From how-to books to practical ideas, this section includes resources for the Sunday School teacher and the Christian Education Committee.
- The World Around Us
- Includes resources on World Religions, Ethics, and popular culture.
- Resources for singles, dating couples, and married couples. This section includes many resources for the pastor seeking materials for pre-marital counseling.
- Church Life
- Includes resources for all aspects of church life….from volunteering to officer training, from leadership resources to committee helps and stewardship planning.
- Planning a mission trip? This section includes many helpful guides, as well as specific resources written by missionaries.
- Features the Engage curriculum, as well as many helpful books and videos for reaching beyond your church walls.
- Social Justice
- Hunger, environmental concerns, serving the poor, and race relations.
- Resources geared specifically toward men.
- Resources geared specifically toward women.
- Many books and videos for parents to enrich their relationships with their children. Great resources for a parenting class!
- Storybooks, picture Bibles, and many, many videos!
- Handbooks for youth leaders as well as studies for youth groups.
- Young Adults
- Books and videos for college and beyond!
- The Church Year
- Featuring resources for Lent, Advent, and the rest of the calendar year.
- The Christian Life
- Devotionals, personal growth resources, and group studies on a variety of spiritual subjects.
- Deepen your prayer life with the books and videos in this section.
- Resources for new Christians, or those who need a little inspiration in their daily walk.
- Missional Church
- Books and videos designed to help you get out into your neighborhood and see what God is doing.
- Denominational materials for new member and confirmation classes.
- DVD player, Date Projectors, Screens, Laptop Computer, Laminator (for use on site only), Slide Projector
- Presbyterians Today, Horizons, Outlook, and more.
- Curriculum Samples
- Stop in to preview a sample of the new PC(USA) children’s curriculum “Growing in Grace & Gratitude”, as well as the Adult curriculum “The Present Word”.
You can reach the Resource Center:
- By Phone: 724-528-1610
- By Fax: 724-528-1612
- By eMail: email@example.com