- September 18- 12:30 PM Preparation for MInistry, Presbytery Office
- September 22- 6:30 PM Presbytery Meeting, First Presbyterian Church, Greenville
News from the Presbytery Office
More Opportunities to Meet Ingrid Reneau (Please include this announcement in your church bulletin.)
Ingrid Reneau, our missionary to South Sudan, and Debbie Blane (a new missionary to Sudan, who’ll be heading over to Nile Theological Seminary to replace Barry Almy in a few weeks) will be here in Shenango Presbytery starting next week. Below are some places you could come to encourage them and hear them speak:
- September 17th at 7 PM – New Wilmington Presbyterian Church
- September 18th at 7:30 PM – Dessert at Miriam Gwin’s house. Call for directions 724-667-8321
- September 19th 9 AM – 11 AM – Breakfast at Ellport Family Restaurant in Ellwood City
- September 19th at 6:30 PM – Jamestown Presbyterian Church
- September 20th at 10:45 AM worship at Word Centered Fellowship in Masury, OH (Ingrid)
at 10:45 AM worship at Bethany Presbyterian Church in Mercer (Debbie)
at 7:30 PM reception at East Main Presbyterian Church in Grove City
Important Updates on Major Medical
Much can change over the course of a year, and the fall 2009 issue of the Church Treasurer & Business Administrator News provides you with important updates from The Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Pastors will also be interested.
An Easy Answer to Teacher Training:
- Tuesday, September 29th – Luncheon at 11:30 AM at the Presbytery Office – See a demonstration of “Opening Doors to Discipleship” an Internet accessed teacher training program that teachers can do at home.
- Saturday, October 3 – from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Mercer- a repeat of Tuesday’s demonstration.
If you would like to see this program for yourself, you will need to call Margaret at the Presbytery Office to get the access code for the program at openingdoorstodiscipleship.com.
PW Fall Gathering – Saturday, October 17
Learn something new about Communication at PW Fall Gathering! Check out the list of workshops and choose two to attend at Clen-Moore Presbyterian Church on Saturday, October 17, 2009. Join us from 9 AM – 3 PM for a day of worship, learning and fellowship. Luncheon cost is $6. Registration deadline is October 12. Contact Nancy McMillan at 724-336-5623 for more information.
News from Our Churches
You’re Invited to an Anniversary Celebration
Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church will be celebrating their 50th anniversary on October 4th at 11:00 AM with a reception luncheon to follow. Please RSVP to the church no later than September 18th at 724-376-2630.
Thai Dance and Drama Troupe at Tower Presbyterian
A team of dancers from Payap University in Chiang Mai, Thailand will present a one hour and thirty-minute program at Tower Presbyterian Church, Grove City on Monday, September 28 at 7:00 PM. The program will feature a number of dances from various regions of Thailand, as well at a traditional Thai melodrama (Likay) with English translation. All are invited to enjoy the performance.
Workshops, Conferences and Local Events
Coming to Westminster College: Dr. Donald Kraybill “The Riddle of the Amish Culture”
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Wallace Memorial Chapel, Westminster College
New Wilmington, PA
Free and open to the public.
Teacher Traninig Workshop at Pittsburgh Seminary
Saturday, September 26, 2009 from 8:00 to 3:00. This excellent annual event features a keynote speaker, workshops, lunch, bookstore, and lots of sharing with other teachers. Margaret will be driving and can take people who are interested. Call her at the Presbytery Office – 724-528-1610.
Needed / Offered
Director of Children’s Ministries (Part Time) at Highland, New Castle
For local Presbyterian Church. Experience and education required. Please request a job description at email@example.com.
The Jamestown Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time youth director to work with Jr. and Sr. Highs. Job description and application form are avaialble under the “Youth Ministry” tab on the church’s website:http://www.jamestownpresbyterian.org.