Next Steps in the Orlando (Fellowship of Presbyterians) Conversation
The Special Committee on Denominational Issues met yesterday, as did several of those who attended the Fellowship of Presbyterians meeting in Orlando on January 18-20. The following will be reported/proposed to Presbytery Council next Tuesday:
- Recommendations that half of the February 28 Presbytery meeting be committed to a report from those who were in Orlando.
- Shortly after the February 28 Presbytery meeting, two evening conversations will be held, one in Mercer county and one in Lawrence county.
It is highly recommended that you watch and/or read the following at http://www.fellowship-pres.org/. This is important preparation for February 28.
- John Ortberg video (January 22 entry)
- Fellowship Covenant (January 20 entry)
- Evangelical Covenant Order; Polity; Theology (January 19 entry)
- and much more on the Fellowship of Presbyterians page
(Note: Several of these items are also linked from the Special Committee page on the Presbytery web site for your convenience.)
After the Council meeting next Tuesday, eLink will include another update from Council action.