June 30-July 7 – General Assembly, Pittsburgh
July 4- OFFICE CLOSED, Independence Day
– Calvin Church celebrated David Davis’ 55th ordination anniversary on June 24th.
A note from Dave Dawson at GA
Please see this GA comment from my friend Clark Cowden.
Where Can I Find Out What’s Happening At GA?
- The latest news updates are posted here on the denomination’s website. If you aren’t able to attend GA, this is a great way to keep up on what’s happening.
- Watch streaming video…here.
- View photos…here.
Note from Bud Green
Bud has many Sundays available this summer for pulpit supply. He would love the opportunity to preach and would gladly fill the pulpit for anyone going on vacation or study leave. You can reach Bud at home (724-654-1513) or on his cell (724-714-8645).
Volunteers for General Assembly
There is reimbursement money for your mileage and parking while you are volunteering at General Assembly. To receive the reimbursement, fill out the Expense Voucher from the Presbytery website, and mail it to Teresa Kendall (739 Portersville Rd #D, Ellwood City PA 16117), for authorization. A check will be mailed to you from the Presbytery Office. (NOTE: Please use .555 cents/mile when figuring your mileage. The form is outdated as mileage amounts change frequently.)
Ministry and Mission in Shenango Presbytery
Mark Your Calendars Now for the 2nd Annual Celebrate Sudan Event!
The 2nd annual “Celebrate Sudan” event will be held on World Communion Sunday, October 7th, 7PM, at East Main Presbyterian Church, Grove City. This will be an exciting time for all the churches in Shenango Presbytery to come together, worship God, and Celebrate our Partnership with the Sudan Presbyterian EvangelicalChurch.
The special offerings collected this year will be used to assist Gereif Bible School in recovering from the destruction experienced on their campus when it was ransacked by Muslim extremists this spring. We encourage churches to take up this offering at their Wrold Communion Sunday worship services.
Mark your calendars and join us for a time of music, fellowship, ands authentic Sudanese food. Rev. Steve and Brenda Stelle from Faith Presbyterian Chuch in Hermitage, recent first time visitors toSudan, will be sharing about their visit and it’s impact on their lives and church.
Pastors and all session moderators, please ask you sessions soon for permission to take up a special “CelebrateSudan” offering. Over $20,000 was raised in our first two “CelebrateSudan” events.
- Life guards for the pool at Westminster during the week of Conference…afternoons July 23rd through the 27th from 2 til 5 PM. Guards need to have current certification. Will be paid throught Westminster College. Call Dan Forsberg @ 724-971-3448 or NWMC Office at 724-946-9770 for information.
- Volunteer drivers to go to the Pittsburgh Airport to pick up delegates and speakers. Drivers will drive one of the College’s mini vans to and from the airport. People are needed the week of the 21st through the 28th. Especially needed during the first days, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd and then and then the end of Conference the 27th and 28th. Drivers will be on call as needed according to demand. Maximum one trip per day. Current drivers license required. A cell phone is not necessary but is a plus! Call Dan Forsberg at 724-971-3448 or the NWMC Office at 724-946-9770.
News From the Churches