- July 19- 11:30 AM Ministry & Mission in Shenango Presbytery lunch, New Wilmington Presbyterian Church
1:30 PM Evangelism Committee, Presbytery Office
- July 21-28 New Wilmington Mission Conference, Westminster College Campus (http://www.nwmcmission.org).
Note: Presbytery staff will be attending portions of the New Wilmington Mission Conference. If you stop by the office and don’t find us there, come join us at Conference!
Commissioner Reports from General Assembly
Ministry and Mission in Shenango Presbytery
Back in June, 25+ pastors from around the presbytery met for lunch to discuss ministry and mission in Shenango for churches who are not planning to leave the PCUSA, or at least not yet. We are meeting a second time, and anyone is welcome. Come for lunch at Westminster College on July 19, 11:30am. We will continue the lively discussion, as well as hear 5 minute reports from those who are fostering creative ideas for presbytery mission in this fluid, messy, post-denominational era. Note that this is not intended to become club for those who are “loyalists” or always and forever opposed to leaving the denomination; it is simply a forum for a different kind of theological conversation about work and witness within the bounds of Shenango as the PCUSA becomes less relevant. Questions? Contact Ralph Hawkins, Bill Crooks, or Glenn Hink. Please RSVP for lunch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-946-3541.
Mission Speakers Visiting
- Tuesday, July 17 at 5:30 pm – Ewing Park shelter #6 – Potluck Picnic – bring own table setting and a dish to share for more information call Charlene at 724-601-1222 If the weather is bad go to Bell Memorial Church
- Thursday, July 19 at 7 pm – Dessert – Home of Bill and Miriam Gwin 721 Mt. Air Road New Castle, PA 724-667-8321
- Friday, July 27th at 6:45, Debbie will speak at the Adult Vespers at New Wilmington Mission Conference in Mueller Theater (McKelvey) (NWMC advised schedules could still change)
Brice and Sungmin Rogers:
- Sunday, July 22 at 10:30 am – Brice and Sungmin will speak at Clen-Moore Presbyterian Church during worship
- Friday, July 27 at 6:45 – They will speak at the Adult Vespers at New Wilmington Mission Conference in the Berlin Student Lounge (McKelvey)
- Sunday, July 29 at – Brice and Sungmin will speak at First Sharpsville during worship (10:00 AM).
A Few Needs for the New Wilmington Mission Conference
- Life guards for the pool at Westminster during the week of Conference…afternoons July 23rd through the 27th from 2 til 5 PM. Guards need to have current certification. Will be paid throught Westminster College. Call Dan Forsberg @ 724-971-3448 or NWMC Office at 724-946-9770 for information.
- Volunteer drivers to go to the Pittsburgh Airport to pick up delegates and speakers. Drivers will drive one of the College’s mini vans to and from the airport. People are needed the week of the 21st through the 28th. Especially needed during the first days, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd and then and then the end of Conference the 27th and 28th. Drivers will be on call as needed according to demand. Maximum one trip per day. Current drivers license required. A cell phone is not necessary but is a plus! Call Dan Forsberg at 724-971-3448 or the NWMC Office at 724-946-9770.
News from the Churches
Cana’s Corner Hosts “Divine Delay”
On July 22, from 5-7 PM come and join us as Cana’s Corner hosts “Divine Delay. A coffeehouse favorite, “Divine Delay” will present a concert of gospel songs. You won’t want to miss this concert. Refreshments are free. Free will offering will be taken. The concert will be held in the air-conditioned fellowship hall of the First Presbyterian Church of Sharon, 600 East State Street, Sharon, PA.