January 30- 10:00 AM EP Nominating Committee, Presbytery Office
February 4- 9:30 AM Council, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Mercer
2:00 PM Nominating Committee, Presbytery Office
February 5- 1:00 PM Christian Education Committee, Presbytery Office
- Darlene Cossin, wife of Jim Cossin (Westfield and Seneca Hills Conference) died January 23 with a service today in Mision Viejo, CA. email@example.com.
- Andrew Jillson’s (Northminster) mother passed away yesterday at age 91 in North Carolina.
You Are Invited
As you may be aware, effective March 1, 2014, Dave will retire as Executive Presbyter of Shenango Presbytery. Surely, his over-20-years of ministry, service and leadership are greatly appreciated by us all.
To recognize Dave and Joan’s great contributions, the Presbytery Council is planning a celebration for Friday, February 28, 2014, beginning at 6:00 p.m. We will meet in the Witherspoon Rooms, on the third floor of the McKelvey Center of Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA (Dave is a Westminster alum) for dinner and a program.
The dinner will be catered by the Food Service of Westminster College, and will include a buffet of Chicken Sorrento, Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions, House Salad, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Coffee, Tea, or Water, and concluding, of course, with pie. The cost is $25.00 per person (make checks out to “Shenango Presbytery”).
Please respond to the Presbytery office (4197 New Castle Road, Pulaski, PA 16143 or 724-528-1610) by Monday, February 10, with your intention to be present. We ask that all payments be made by that date, as well, so that the Food Service can be good stewards of the food being prepared.
The program will feature reflections by some who have known or worked with Dave and Joan along the way, as well as a few surprises, all of which we are sure you will appreciate.
We hope that you will be able to join us to thank Dave and Joan for their faithful friendship and encouragement over the years.
The Dawson Retirement Planning Committee
P.S. Please share this invitation with anyone to whom you think it should be extended.
New Pastor Installation
Bob McCreight will be installed as Pastor at North Liberty Presbyterian Church in Grove City on Saturday morning (2/1) at 11:00 AM. Immediately following the service there will be a lunch provided to all who choose to stay. Reservations for the lunch, though not required, are appreciated, and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday noon, January 30.
The deadline to complete GA Online Statistical Reports is February 19th at midnight…approximately 16% of our churches have completed their reports at this point. Check the box in the lower right-hand corner of our homepage http://www.shenango.org for more information on annual reports.
- The 2014 Summer Schedules, Camp Brochures, and Registration forms are online for Westminster Highlands and Camp Lambec at http://www.capnwp.org/17/Summer+Camps.html. Online registration will be available in February.
- Find out about Summer Staff opportunities at Camp Lambec and Westminster Highlands at http://www.capnwp.org/37/Seasonal.html
- Find out about Summer Volunteer opportunties at the camps at http://www.capnwp.org/6/Volunteer.html
- Calling Camp Pastors – spend a week at Camp Lambec or Westminster Highlands this summer! Lead evening vespers, sharing experiences and shepherding youth and families. Call or email the CAPNWP office to discuss this opportunity, check available dates, and with any of your questions…724-738-0058 or email@example.com.