NWMC starts Saturday!
The 110th Annual New Wilmington Mission Conference will take place July 18-25 at Westminster College. Get more information on speakers at http://www.nwmcmission.org. For a printable schedule of events for the week, click here.
Office Hours Limited During NWMC
As always, office staff will be attending portions of Conference. If you don’t find us at the office, come join us at NWMC!
Shenango Presbytery Reception – July 19, 5pm, at New Wilmington Presbyterian Church.
The annual New Wilmington Mission Conference is a remarkable event that happens each year right within our bounds. To honor our heritage of strong global mission support here in Shenango, we are hosting, for the first time, a Sunday evening presbytery mission reception. This will be a time to meet and mingle with some of the mission co-workers and global guests supported by churches in our presbytery. Our own Steve and Brenda Stelle (Ethiopia) will be there, plus Michael and Rachel Ludwig (Niger), plus two visiting pastors from the Iglesia Evangélica Dominicana in the Caribbean … and many others. Rev. Hunter Farrell, director of PCUSA’s World Mission efforts, and our recent guest at the April presbytery meeting, will also be in attendance.
I hope you’ll bring a carload of Presbyterians to join us at our reception.
If you know you are coming, send a count to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, if you’ve never been to the Mission Conference before, come join our 5pm reception and then stay for the evening worship service. Such an evening is an easy and great way to get a taste of NWMC. Find out more at http://nwmcmission.org.
Shenango is proud to be hosting two pastors from the Iglesia Evangélica Dominicana for the New Wilmington Mission Conference. Revs. Nelson Rodriguez and Sairy Marte will participate in the Conference, bring greetings from our IED partners, and preach in two of our Shenango congregations. On July 26, Nelson will preach at Hillside in Greenville and Sairy will preach at North Liberty, Grove City. Want to meet them? Come to Shenango’s NWMC reception on Sunday, July 19, 5pm, in the Social Hall of the New Wilmington church. There you can meet our Dominican guests as well as many other mission co-workers supported by our churches. Persons from at least four of our congregations have participated in a 20-year partnership with an IED on the northern coast of the island.
Interested in more conversation with international partners and/or missionaries supported by our congregations? Join Shenango friends at Judy Veon’s home in New Wilmington — just a few blocks from campus — for receptions on Monday (July 20) to mingle about Sudan or Thursday (July 23) to mingle about Egypt. Both events are at 5pm. Join us at 331 West Neshannock Avenue in New Wilmington.
Steve and Brenda Stelle Visiting Churches This Summer
In July and August, Steve and Brenda will be back in the United States to visit churches and share with their members about their experiences in Dembi Dollo.
- Sunday, July 19 at 10:00am – Sermon at Highland Presbyterian Church. New Castle.
- Tuesday, July 21 at 6:45-7:30pm presentation at the New Wilmington Missionary Conference. We will be in the Berlin Lounge of the Andrew J McKelvey Campus Center.
- Sunday, July 26 at 9:00am – Sunday school at First Presbyterian Church, New Castle.
- At 10:00am – Sermon at First Presbyterian Church, New Castle
- Tuesday, July 28 at 6:00 – 8:00pm – picnic and presentation at Slippery Rock Presbyterian Church, Ellwood City.
- Sunday, Aug 9th at 9:30-10:30an – Sunday school presentation at Faith Presbyterian Church Hermitage
- Sunday, Aug 9th at 6:00- 8:00 pm presentation at Mo Co House in Bessemer
- Tuesday, Aug 18th at 5:30pm – pot luck & presentation to Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church and Stoneboro Presbyterian Church at the Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church