- January 9, 2009 – 9:00 AM PMC New Cluster Orientation, Beaver-Butler Presbytery Office
- January 11, 2009 – 3:30 PM Nominating Committee, Presbytery Office
- January 13, 2009 – 9:00 AM PMC Continuing Covenant Pastors, Beaver-Butler Presbytery Office
- January 14, 2009 – 12:00 PM Mission, Communication and Stewardship, New Wilmington PC
News from the Presbytery Office
This year’s LeaderFest will have seminars for:
- Elders, Deacons and Clerks of Session
- Trustees and others interested in saving energy in their church buildings
- Music leaders and singers
- Those who want to further develop their prayer lives
- Parents who know they’re responsible for their children’s spiritual development, but don’t know what to do
- Everybody who needs to learn more about Reformed Theology
- Mission committee members
- Sunday School superintendents, teachers and Christian Education Committees
- Anyone who wants to see their church grow
- Church leaders who want to consider using Ministry Teams (a la Stan Ott) instead of committees
- Personnel committee members and those who want to help their Pastors do a good job
- People who have heard Andrew Purves speak and would like to spend time talking to him.
Their visas have not come through yet (which is a regular problem with travel to the Sudan) so your prayers and those of your congregation on the Sundays of January are deeply appreciated. These folks are part of a group of 11 and they look forward to reporting back about our church partners in the Sudan. Jim Leuenberger (Bethany), Miriam Gwin (Mt. Jackson), Phyllis Buck (Jamestown), Derek Longbrake (Bell Memorial), Tom Kaufman (Third, New Castle), Betsy Barr (Mt. Jackson).
- ActiveHealth Management now handles pre-certification for medical procedures (866-794-3127)
- Members of the Major Medical Plan should have received by now a new medical card
- See http://www.pensions.org for other information on major medical, pension, etc.