- May 15- 2;00 PM Budget & Finance Committee, Presbytery Office
7:00 PM Survey Webinar, New Wilmington PC
- May 17- 12:30 PM Preparation for Ministry, Presbytery Office
- May 19- 7:00 PM Survey Listening Session, Trinity, Mercer
- May 20- 7:00 PM Survey Listening Session, Calvin, Ellwood City
- May 21- 7:00 PM Committee on Ministry, Neshannock, NW
Presbytery Survey Reports Complete
We have received the reports on the Presbytery Survey completed by 1136 ruling and teaching elders. Click here to see that document. In addition to the overall report, individual reports have been prepared for each participating church. That file will be sent this week to each pastor and clerk of session. The individual church reports are confidential for the session. It can be shared at the session’s discretion.
All are welcome to the following:
- May 15 @ 7:00 PM – New Wilmington Presbyterian Church – a webinar with Russ Crabtree where he will explain how the survey works and answer questions.
Please plan on attending the Listening Sessions where all are welcome:
- Sunday, May 19 @ 7 pm at Trinity, Mercer
- Monday, May 20 @ 7 pm at Calvin, Ellwood City
- Wednesday, May 22 @ 10 am at New Wilmington
- Tuesday, May 28 @ 7 pm at First, New Castle
- Thursday, May 30 @ 7 pm at Stoneboro
Pulpit Supply Available
Bud Green is preaching in many pulpits this summer, but he still has some open dates and would love the opportunity to preach for you this summer. Please contact Bud at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-654-1513 (home) or 724-714-8645 (cell).
Higher Education Scholarship Deadline Extended
The deadline for completion of the Higher Education Scholarship has been extended until May 31st. You can access the application on our website here (scroll down to the Shenango Presbytery Scholarship headline).
A Book Study Lunch Group Being Formed:
The only media organization in the PC(USA) is Presbytery Media Mission located in Pittsburgh. It was a collaborative effort started in western PA more than 30 years ago. Former pastor, Gordon Bean, was a major leader in the early days. PMM has won many awards over the years for Passages (stories of faith heard on hundreds of radio stations) and videos like the recent “Walk” highlighting western PA Presbyterian history. Your church’s giving to Presbytery and Synod mission supports PMM. http://www.pmm4u.org/media/index.cfm
Pastors, are you looking for a great study experience?
A course grounded in scripture that will challenge you with new ideas, give you tons of material for future sermons and Bible studies and open your eyes to what God is doing in the world? Visit this link and learn full details of the one-week intensive located at the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary August 4 -10, 2013. Discount price if you register before May 2. This course is highly recommended by alumni pastors and church leaders in our Presbytery. https://class.perspectives.org/Visitor/Public.aspx?ClassId=421633
News From The Churches
Word Centered Fellowship Celebrates 10 Years in Ministry
Word Centered Fellowship is excited to announce that they will be celebrating 10 years in Ministry on May 18 and 19, 2013. You are invited to join the celebration in the following events:
- Saturday, May 18th – a Luncheon honoring First Lady Charlene DeLaCruz at 12:00 Noon at First Presbyterian Church, 600 E. State Street, Sharon. Guest speaker will be Minister Joyce Smith from Statesboro, GA
- Saturday, May 18th at 6 PM – Celebration of the Gospel Through Music (710 Carnegie St, Sharon)
- Sunday, May 19th – Praise and worship unto God with guest speaker Pastor Alexander Smith, Elm Street Church of God, Statesboro, GA (immediately following worship a dinner will be served downstairs in the Church Fellowship Hall)
Please RSVP for the First Ladies Day Luncheon or the Sunday Dinner by calling 724-342-3468 and leave a message.
Bloomsburg University Choirs under the direction of Alan Baker will perform on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM at the First Presbyterian Church, 600 E. State Street, Sharon, PA.
Organist/Eventual Choir Director Wanted
Shenango Presbyterian Church is looking for an organist who would eventually lead their choir. This is a part-time position. They are seeking a faithful musician who is excited about singing and church. Please contact Amy Na at 724-654-2322.
Excess Choir Music
Tower Presbyterian Church has quite a bit of choral music that they are looking to get rid of. If you are interested in taking a look, contact Rev. Jerry Deck email@example.com.