August 18- OFFICE CLOSED – Staff will be attending an off-site meeting all day.
August 22- 9:30 AM Leadership Development Team, Presbytery Office
EP Activity This Month
Our Executive Presbyter, Ralph Hawkins, will be preaching at Jackson Center (Aug 21) and Word Centered (Aug 28). Ralph welcomes opportunities to preach or bring greetings during a worship service, as well as opportunities to visit Session and Deacon meetings. Schedule a Sunday or a meeting time by contacting him at 724-528-1610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Is My Neighbor?
Thursday, August 25th from 7-9 PM at First United Methodist Church in Ellwood City (416 Crescent Avenue) – an ecumenical worship service and racial reconciliation with conversations and refreshments. For more information, contact Rev. Angelique Bradford at 724-758-6278.
Cooking With a Mission
You are invited to join a five-week course in gastronomic delights starting Monday, September 19th and running each Monday through October 17th from 5;30 – 8:30 PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Mercer. This hands-on class will feature a full array of menu items and tasting each evening led by instructor, local chef Mark Arnold. The cost of $200 per person will go to support the mission work sponsored by Shenango Presbytery, and it is hoped we will that a “guest chef” or two from among the missionaries our presbytery supports. Class size is limited, so contact the Presbytery office for a registration form. Questions, call Don Stanley at 724-308-7251.
Register for the Fall Pastor Retreat
Reading Poetry for Spiritual Formation and Pastoral Leadership, October 3-4, 2016 at Villa Maria Conference Center with Dr. Richard Haney (Executive Director of Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship). Click here to register: https://shenango.org/committees-groups/pastor-retreat-registration/
Egypt Mission Network Events
- There are plans to take a team to Egypt in the fall to build partnerships with the Presbyterian Church in Egypt. Dates are October 26 – November 3 (with potential for adding on tourist trips pre and post). Registration by Sept. 16. For more information, contact the presbytery office at 724-528-1610 or email@example.com.
- Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church (3461 Sandy Lake New Lebanon Road, Sandy Lake, PA) is hosting a dinner for 8 young Egyptian Church leaders and their hosts. Mark your calendar for a potluck dinner on September 14 from 6-8. Bring a dish to pass and table service and come hear how the Spirit is moving amongst our brothers and sisters in Egypt. (Questions: 724-376-2630 or TheOtherRevCreekpaum@gmail.com)
Art for Purchase
Rev. Grace Basham is producing art that is available for purchase online in a variety of forms. Visit her online store and purchase items directly through the website.
Continuing Education Opportunities and Events at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
For more information, click on the links, or go to www.pts.edu/CE for specific details…
- Language Over Lunch: Biblical Hebrew OR New Testament Greek, September 7-November 9
- Violence in Scripture, an online class with Jerome Creach, registration deadline September 12
- The Desert Abbas & Ammas with Roberta Bondi, September 14-17
- Extending Hospitality, Conversations & Community Series, beginning September 14
- Change of Course: Navigating Christian Education Today with Paul Humphreys, September 24
- Transforming Mission, the McClure Lectures with Stephen Bevans, September 26-27
- The Place Where We Are Right: A Conversation between Friends about Israel & Palestine, September 29
- The Art of Transitional Ministry, Part 2, October 17-21
- The End of Adam & Eve: Theology & the Science of Human Origins, an online class with Ron Cole-Turner
- Are We There Yet? Safe Travels with Youth, a FREE WEBINAR resource
News From the Churches
Organist and/or pianist. Neshannock Presbyterian Church, New Wilmington, PA. One Sunday service per week. One choir rehearsal per week in season. Pay commensurate with experience. Reply to Neshannock Presbyterian Church at 724-946-2081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.